The Team Behind the Code
How it all started...
We spent four years working with physicians and scientists of Charité Berlin, developing Health Tech innovations.
During this time, we noticed that even the best ideas had difficulty making it to market.
What was the problem?
Data management, the essential function of the backend of their innovation, was underestimated by almost everyone regarding:
Each team developed new solutions to the same data management challenges and invented yet another more or less usable backend.
This occurred over, and over again.
What is the problem with this?
The waste of resources.
A secure, compliant, performant backend costs as much as € 300 - 500.000. It consumes 6-12 months of development time.
These resources can be better invested.
In 2020, a lightbulb went off
Could there be an out-of-the-box Health Tech backend?
- Regulatory compliant?
- Very secure?
- Blazing fast?
We needed precisely this, but it wasn't there.
If we succeed we might say: "Get your Health Tech backend done with ease"
The whole backend, with all of its hurdles, might be up and running in an afternoon.
- Development time decreased from at least six months to a few hours.
- Significantly fewer successful cyber-attacks.
- Improved performance.
- Less struggle for developers.
- A lot of money saved.
- Less stress for everyone.
And then? What other possibilities might open up?
- More regulatory-compliant products would make it to market.
- More digital health innovations would become available for patients.
- Fewer successful cyber-attacks would result in better security.
- Health Tech innovations would no longer be pie in the sky but could be implemented quickly and in compliance with the law.
More questions are now in our past:
- "What about performance when we have thousands of users?"
- "Is this being developed according to regulations?"
- "Where will we be hosted?"
- "What about all the data?"
The project took us on an 12-month-long deep dive into cybersecurity and regulatory compliance.
Footnote: Our optimism was questioned.
- "An off-the-shelf backend for compliant services? Is that even possible?"
- "We have Django, AWS-Amplify - why should I need basebox?"
- "Backend...we prefer to build it ourselves, just like before."
- "We would never change a well running system."
- "We have already built our backend."
No need to worry. Even if we can't answer all of life's questions ;-) - we can answer these.
Travel Companions Sought.
Friendly, Professional, Ambitious Investors Welcome.
Join the team
People, Product, Profit
We believe in this order. Not the other way around.
They say the first seven people in a company shape the culture forever.
basebox is in the early "architecture" phase, developing the foundation. We have a do-it-yourself mentality whenever that makes sense.
We are currently looking for one more developer, ideally with Rust experience.
A few things are important to us
- Friendly character
- Independent thinking
- Quality consciousness
We do not have a formalized application process; just email us:replace